hello friends! we recently did a home tour over on A Beautiful Mess blog (check it out HERE!✨) and I wanted to share some room-specific posts here on my own blog, too! today, i’m sharing photos of Lucy’s room! her room is in the back of our house, facing the backyard and gets the prettiest afternoon light. a lot of the items in her room you might recognize from her closet nursery in our san francisco apartment, but we’ve added a few new items to fill the space and make the room feel finished and ‘just right.’
I love that her room truly feels like a kids space! lately I see so many minimal kids spaces on Instagram and Pinterest and they are gorgeous, but didn’t feel right for me or our house. I wanted a little more color and brightness and whimsy, especially in Lucy’s room. this room is far from picture-perfect but it’s perfect for Lucy right now and we just love spending time in here!
here’s a quick rundown of what’s in her room!
- we extended her Stokke crib from a mini size o a full size crib
- we’re still using the same dresser from San Francisco (I found it on the side of the road in SF 8 years ago!) as her changing table
- we hung new kids art above the dresser/changing table
- the rocking chair and side table are the same ones we had in our SF apartment
- we added a colorful, plush rug to ground the space
- we kept the same decor pieces like the pom pom mobile and animal heads from her closet nursery (see original photo here)
- we hung this gorgeous fringe chandelier that I just love! the house came with a pretty blah light, so this one is a huge improvement.
- one small but punchy update was hanging curtains with good curtain rods. we’ve had the curtains since last fall, but recently swapped the curtain rods from cheap plain black ones to these pretty gold ones. it honestly was a small change but makes SUCH a difference! 👏🏽
- her books are hanging on photo ledges on the wall, plus some in a basket below that she can easily access.
- in terms of toy storage, we keep blocks and trains in little baskets under the dresser and the rest of her toys in the storage bench under the window. the storage bench itself is “Jack’s spot” for squirrel watching in the backyard, but I have small baskets in the bench cubbies filled with her random small toys. all of her stuffed animals and dolls are in the Moses basket in the corner.
soon, this room will be getting another makeover as we will be moving the Moses basket into our room for baby #2 and adding a second stokke crib in here. I have really struggled to find inspiration online for kids rooms with two cribs – but I’m determined we will make it work and the room will be functional, beautiful, and really special for our girls. 💛
All photos via Amber Rulmer for A Beautiful Mess
Crib – Stokke
Art – Minted
Wall Hanging – Crate & Kids
Animal Heads – Target
Bench – Wayfair
Rug – Rugs USA
Storage Bench Baskets – Target
Dresser – vintage
Book Ledges – IKEA
Canopy – Target
Basket – Plum & Sparrow
Fringe Light – Justina Blakeney from Lulu & Georgia
Fringe Baskets – Target
Rocking Chair – Wayfair
Throw Pillows – Target and from owner’s travels