Lucy and Winnie’s ‘Adopt a Puppy Party’ continues to be one of my top posts and I’m going to share detailed blog posts about different elements of the party. Today, I’ll be sharing about the main party activity — the ‘Adopt a Puppy’ area of the party! You can find my original puppy party blog post here, and blog posts about the puppy party food + dessert here and decor here.
We turned our guest room into an “Adopt a Puppy” area! This dog adoption activity was a huge hit ✨🐾 Here’s how it worked:
1. Pick out your puppy 🐶 I ordered four types of these adorable stuffed dogs from Manhattan Toy (Corgi, Golden Doodle, Husky, Brown Dog) for kids to choose from. I cut a round hole in the front of craft bags so the dogs’ heads could pop up. So cute, right!?
2. Decorate a dog collar and name tag 📿 I set out little cups of inexpensive, colorful beads and pipe cleaner. I also had small circle tags so they could add a name tag for their pup’s collar!
3. Fill out your official adoption certificate and color your certificate + your dog carrier with markers, crayons, and stickers! 🖍 I ordered this adopt-a-puppy printable from Etsy and had the adoption certificates printed at FedEx. At this station, we had the adoption certificates, plus a bunch of coloring supplies. I ordered this 50 pack of assorted dog stickers, and also had everyone’s favorite Paw Patrol stickers too!
4. Pick up dog food on your way out. I mixed together Reese’s Puffs + Cookie Crisp cereal in a little plastic cup with a lid. It looked like ‘kibble and bits’ and obviously, was edible for humans too! 🍪
5. Bring your puppy home and give it lots of love! 💞
We also rented a big castle bounce house for the backyard, which was obviously a huge hit for the kids (and grownups too!). Lastly, I found these Dog Bubble Party Favors and had these sitting by the front door for kids to grab on their way out.
SHOP THE PARTY
View this post on Instagram