Lucy and Winnie started school last week! We are a vegetarian (sometimes pescetarian) household so all lunches we pack the girls have no meat. Before the school year even started, I found myself in a bit of a rut packing the same ol’ thing every day for lunch at summer camp and our nanny share. I asked you guys on Instagram for some vegetarian lunch ideas and got SOOO many good ideas and tips! Below, you can find all of the ideas compiled by type, plus a quick list of other accounts / resources when it comes to toddler food. Hope this helps! 🎒
- Hardboiled eggs
- Nut butter alternative sandwich (most people recommend sun butter; we use granola butter from Oat Haus) with honey or jam
- Hummus tortilla roll-up
- Cream cheese sandwich or tortilla roll-up (with jam or cucumbers)
- Veggie burgers
- Waffles/Pancakes with nut butter alternative
- Falafel bites
- Leftovers: tofu + rice, noodles, mac+cheese, etc.
- Roasted chickpeas
- Black beans
- String cheese
- Babybel cheese
- Cottage cheese
- ‘Cracker cut’ (pre-sliced) cheese (usually served with crackers!)
INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED SNACKS
- Bobos Oat Bites
- Think Kids Protein Bars
- Made Good Rice Krispy Squares
- Fruit/Veggie Pouches (we like Once Upon a Farm best!)
- Yogurt Tubes (freeze night before!)
- Hummus cups
- Guac cups
- Snap Pea Crisps
- Veggie Straws
- Ants on a log (celery + PB alternative + raisins)
- Dried fruit – mangos, strawberries, raisins, etc.
- Stuffed dates (with goat cheese or peanut butter alternative)
Here’s the lunchbox we use and here’s the water bottle we use for school!
MORE GREAT RESOURCES/IDEAS!
@mommasociety‘s lunchbox print-out ideas!