hello! earlier this summer, E and I went to London! we were there from Thursday morning – Tuesday morning and it was such a fun trip! these days, we usually travel with Lucy (and often Jack too 🐶) so this trip felt like a real vacation – no diapers to change, food to cut up, nap times to stick to, etc! we went to London together three years ago (Sept 2016) so it was fun to visit some of the spots we visited last time, and of course, go to lots of new spots too! I was about 9 weeks pregnant during the trip, but thankfully feeling mostly okay. My bestie Aimee was living in London for three months for a work project, and Ali flew in from Pittsburgh, too! 💛E and I stayed at Nobu Shoreditch and I loved how close it was to so much to do – cute shops, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, markets, etc.
Below you’ll find a list of the places we went for (amazing) food and drinks🍴🍷(love how many places had mocktail options for me!), cool markets we explored, fun things to do, and a neighborhood breakdown of what is where! I took tons of photos, too! 📸Thanks for reading!
- Dinerama – an outdoor bar and food hall made of old shipping containers
- Glorias – new, super cute Italian spot…I went for dinner and breakfast 🥰
- Brindisa – Spanish spot for yummy tapas
- The Breakfast Club – great brunch spot – go early! 🍴
- Dishoom – THEEEE best Indian restaurant I’ve ever been to. The food/drinks were truly spectacular and I have thought about this meal many times since we went!
- Attendant Coffee – super cute spot for coffee and toast
- Ace Hotel – we stayed here last time, but this trip just went for drinks. It’s scene-y but a good spot for a drink or coffee!
- La Fromagerie – adorable cheese shop and mini market. We split a delicious cheese plate here and it was the perfect girls happy hour spot! 🧀
- Ben’s Fish and Chips – dive-y but delicious fish & chips spot. Another good one we tried last time we visited was
- Netil 360 – super cool rooftop bar overlooking the city
- Brewdog – we had to visit this spot again on this trip! I love going to this spot when we visit London. Fun fact: their only US breweries are in Columbus, where my sisters live!
- The Table – brunch/dinner spot next to Tate Modern
- Breweries under Hackney Central railway arches (Pressure Drop Brewing’s “The Experiment”, Deviant & Dandy Brewery, Hackney Church Brew Co and more)
- Old Spitafield’s Market – indoor/outdoor market filled with cute shops, local vendors (kind of like a flea market vibe) and a-mazing food options
- Coal Drop Yard – high-end market with cute shops and restaurants and a great splash pad area for kiddos!
- Main Street Market – this was an indoor multipurpose venue that has a restaurant, bar, coffee bar, gelato shop, plant shop, record store, and more! We wandered through when we were in the neighborhood and it was SO cute.
- Columbia Road Flower Market – on Sundays in Shoreditch (we didn’t go this trip but went last time and loved it! 🌸)
- Borough Market – gorgeous indoor and outdoor market with tons of places to get flowers, produce, lunch or dinner, coffee, anything!
- Sketch – an ultra-pink, modern Instagram paradise where we enjoyed afternoon tea (and surprisingly, a lot of food!) 🥐
- Tate Modern – an awesome, huge and FREE modern art museum. We paid to get into a special exhibit which was really cool, but the Tate is a great stop no matter what
- Daunt Bookstore – I could spend hours here!
- Regents Park – we walked around the park and rented a boat to paddle around the lake
- Hampton Heath Park – Eric went on a big run over in this park and said it was gorgeous! 🌿
- Brewery Crawl – there’s a strip of breweries and bars under the track arches of the Hackney Central tube station and it was SUPER cool. I listed a few of them above in ‘food/drinks’ and below in the ‘neighborhood breakdown’; it would be fun to do a whole afternoon over here and brewery hop!
- Bike around – this is something E and I used to alwaysssss do when we traveled to new cities, before Lucy was born. It’s such a fast and fun way to explore the city and get around. We biked daily in London and had a lot of fun doing so (and I somehow convinced Aim and Ali to do it too!) 🚴♀️
The Breakfast Club
Columbia Road Flower Market
Main Street Market
Breweries under the Hackney Central Arches – Pressure Drop Brewing’s “The Experiment”, Deviant & Dandy Brewery, Hackney Church Brew Co
Ben’s Fish and Chips
Coal Drop Yard
Old Spitafield’s Market